ACTIVATOR WALKING POLES
STRONG CORE | ACTIVE LIVING | WELL BALANCED
URBAN POLING FOR REHAB
These state-of-the-art walking poles have been designed by occupational therapists and offer a sleek solution to those wanting to maximise their health and fitness outcomes from their walking. Unlike hiking poles from the outdoor store, these poles have been strengthened to allow for weight bearing for people facing challenges with balance or weakness. Used for:
- Rehabilitation from injury or surgery
- Enhancing walking and improving gait for those with chronic health conditions including Parkinsons and MS
- Assisting with balance
- Strengthening legs, arms and core
- Fitness and weight loss
Join the thousands world wide taking on the walking pole workout with the ACTIVATOR Poles. Find the local nordic walking group or head out with a friend and enjoy the outdoors whilst giving yourself a full body workout.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using or have been recommended to use a mobility aid such as a walking frame, consult your physio or occupational therapist prior to use the ACTIVATOR Poles to make sure they are the right thing for you.
PRICE: $150 + delivery
The soft, ergonomic handles:
- Are shaped for your left and right hand for maximum comfort
- Engage your core
- Allow the hand and wrist to be maintained in a neutral position
- Encourage off loading on the wide base (as opposed to other poles which requires a tight grip and the wrist to be in an extended position when pushing down on the poles which can cause injury).
- Transfer energy directly to your arms, preventing joint injuries, engaging your core and adding an upper body workout to your walk.
- Do not include a strap (straps have been shown to be unsafe and can cause injury in the event of a fall (K. Knobloch, 2006))
- Offer an alternative grip position on top if preferred.
The high quality aluminium poles:
- Have been carefully engineered to be quiet, durable, and vibration-free
- Use button lock adjustment to allow for optimal height depending on preference and terrain, with premium locking system designed for improved walking safety.
The ACTIVATOR POLES come with a bell shaped tip for extra balance and support. These patented rubber tips:
- Absorb shock and reduce vibration in an urban environment.
- Create resistance and propel you forward faster to achieve a better overall workout.
Where balance and strength is not an issue, boot shaped tips can be purchased for a more traditional "nordic" walking technique (with poles behind rather than in front for support).